So much going on…
I think I am getting to my breaking point…there is so much going on right now it’s almost getting too much to handle.
Yesterday afternoon I got an email from Walleye that his Mom was rushed to the hospital but his Dad said not to go there until he called back as we wouldn’t be able to see her anyways. Turns out she has bilateral (double) pneumonia. It is aspirational. Because of her advanced MS she is unable to swallow her pills and food all the time and last week one day she had a scary incident where food went down the wrong tube. Apparently this happens more frequently that we knew about. When this happens the food or pills go down the wrong tube and end up in the lungs, which then have to try to digest it. She had been have trouble breathing ever since last week’s episode and was finally convinced my FIL need to bring her to the hospital. They have set her up with antibiotics and she will be in the hospital for a while. There is talk of her needing a pick (?), which I guess they add a tube or port in her abdomen where they would administer meds and nourishment – this would bypass the need for her to swallow and chance getting more down the wrong tubes. Walleye and my FIL have differing opinions on whether or not she should have one. Walleye’s point is that eating is about the only thing in life she can do and enjoy, and she loves to eat. Taking that away from her would be taking away one of the only things she takes pleasure in. My FIL’s point is that eating is what’s causing her to get sick over and over again and there are only so many times she can handle that. I see both sides. In the end it will be her choice. We rushed up there after work last night and sat with her and my FIL for a few hours. She has a very hard time talking and towards the end of the visit she wasn’t making much sense. I am not sure if it was the meds she was put on or if she was just so tired from not feeling well for the past few days.
Duckie, my brother, has his MRI and CT scan tomorrow to see if the cancer has spread anywhere else. Then Friday he has surgery to remove the remaining lymph nodes from under his left arm. Apparently he will have a drain for a while too. He finds out the results of his tests and what the next steps will be on the 23rd. I think it is actually starting to hit him and hit him hard. He doesn’t seem near as upbeat as he used to. It’s just so hard to see him like this and to even try to know what he must be going through.
Come July 1 myself and thousands of others may be laid off. I am a state of MN employee and if our state government can’t finalize a budget by July 1 we go into shutdown mode. I have an entire post ready on this and even though I am not freaking out too much about it there are still side effects from the possibility. Like not only getting our work done that needs to get done but trying to prepare for the possible shutdown. But how do you prepare for the unknown. And there is the constant chatter at work about it and you hear so many different things you don’t know what to believe and not believe. Work is so unbelievably crazy and busy my head is spinning for hours after I leave my 10 hour work days (thankful for Fridays off!!!). **UPDATE** One prayer has been answered...early this afteroon we learned that the operating system that my University is a member of will not be affected by the shut down - at least during summer session. Apparently they have enough money from carryovers and such to for the universities to stay open! Thank you Lord! Still praying that we do not go into a government shutdown as it will affect so, so many out there but thankful I can check one thing off my worry list. **UPDATE**
Tomorrow we meet with a new RE. The RE I wish we would have gone to back in April instead of wasting time with Dr. E. Even though this is a good thing it is still stressful.
Soon we will be in the midst of the cycle and the meds, shots, TIC and all that goes with that.
Adding all those pieces together and I am about ready to burst. I try to tell myself that things could be worse but that only gets me so far…
Dang, you got a lot going on! Sorry to hear about your MIL- yes, its a pick line and it goes right into the heart. It will help clear up her aspiration pneumonia. I will be praying for her and your bro! Good luck on your RE appt!
ReplyDeleteI will pray you keep your job! My goodness..when it rains it pours!! Sending prayers!
Just read your update, great news! I hope all aspects of your life start coming together. Prayers!
ReplyDelete