First off thank you for any prayers for me this cycle. They are appreciated! Today is CD2. I am OK with it. I think deep down I knew AF would come this month so wasn't surprised when my pg test at the Dr office yesterday showed up as BFN and then last night she arrived. I didn't even cry - probably because I had a major melt down the night before so I had all that crying out of my system (long story for a different day).
It might not have hit me that hard because I got strangely sick yesterday. Monday I woke up with a stiff neck and sore left shoulder blade/back area - figured I just slept wrong on it. Tuesday I had a small headache but figured it was because my bobby pins were too tight. Then yesterday on my way back to work after my Dr appointment my headache was so bad the light from the sun, even with sunglasses on, was so bright I could barely drive and it hurt and was making me sick to my stomach. I was super achy all over - especially my back. my ears were burning and felt fuzzy - which generally means I have a fever. So I said to heck with it and went home. Turns out I had a fever of 100.2. I laid in bed resting but not able to sleep and I'd go from extreme hot to extreme cold and then be both at once. About 7 I was sweating profusely and am pretty sure that's when my fever broke. By 8 my fever was gone and I was at 98.7, didn't have the aches or chills or sweats. My headache was barely there and my body just felt clammy all over. About 8:30 AF showed up and by 9:30 my temp was 96.8. I slept great last night. And I feel fine today. Isn't that the strangest thing. I knew you could get a 24 hours bug but I never thought you could get a 10 hour bug.
Yesterday was the icing on the cake with Dr. E's office. Although I had already called my regular Dr the day before for a new referral (a story for another day). I got to Dr. E's office with a full bladder knowing they would give me a pg test since it was CD30 and no AF. The nurse calls me back and asks me to step on the scale and I jokingly said to subtract 5 lbs since my bladder was so full. She looked at me all confused and asked if I needed to use the restroom. I said I thought they might want me to take a pg test. And she said, oh you could if you want just to be sure. OK? Confusion...but I went with it. (And I did lose over 2 lbs just from peeing!). Then we get in the room and she takes my BP and asks how I'm doing. If I am on any pain meds. I was really confused and thought maybe she saw my surgery scar and was thinking that. Then she was updating my chart and started going over the meds i am on and said something about a nose spray and I said no, no nose spray. And she said your birth date is 9.20 and I cut her off and said no it's xx/xx/xxxx. And she was all confused and said you're Sunfish right. I said yep. Turns out she grabbed the wrong patient file as there was one other Sunfish there at that time. If she would have confirmed my first and last name and DOB right away like most places to she would have noticed that. So by now I am furious. She not only wasted my time but started updating someone else's chart with MY info. No wonder she was confused about the pg test. Then I had to wait forever for Dr. E and come to find out that they never did the referral the promised. It was the last straw with this Dr. I am so mad we didn't just go to the Dr I wanted to down in the cities back in April. I wish I wouldn't have agreed to try Dr E even for one cycle...I just feel like was wasted ANOTHER three months.
Well at least now I know I can have a few Nordeast beers at the picnic on Sunday - which I am so excited about. (The picnic not the beers...well OK maybe the beers a little bit.) We have our annual family picnic with my Mom's side on Sunday. All my aunts, uncles, cousins and their spouses and kids from my Mom's side are getting together! We used to get together all the time but then people started growing up and having their own families and it just got too hard. So we try for at least once a year to get us all together. And man are there a ton of us! My Mom had 8 brothers and sisters and I have tons of cousins. My uncle from down south is even coming up! We will miss my cousin who recently deployed to Kuwait (or I think is still in the US training for a bit before heading over).
Oh Sunfish, I am sorry about AF showing up and that is so weird about that bug you had. I am glad you have some fun plans for the weekend coming up. I am still open to talking about my Napro doc if you ever want to, just let me know, not to be pushy or anything. Also, C from Patiently Waiting goes to another Napro doc that I have heard good things about in White Bear Lake - maybe that is closer than Maple Grove for you. (Hugs)
ReplyDeleteUrrghh...So sorry about stupid AF! I hope you have fun at the picnic and drinks lots of beer!
ReplyDeleteOMG how does that dr. office stay open. I mean really where did they all get there degrees? Walmart??? All I can say is enjoy this weekend!!! Prayers will continue of course :)
ReplyDelete