My dad went with Duckie to his Dr appointment today and emailed a recap of the appointment. they want to do a CT scan and MRI to see if the cancer has spread any further. He also needs to have the rest of his lymph nodes removed from the area the other three were taken from. The tests and the surgery can wait until after his vacation - thankfully as I know how excited he was to go to Bonaroo in TN. I don't even remember the last time he has taken a vacation so it's good he's still able to go. He has another Dr. appointment on 6.23.11 to discuss test results and options. Looks like there will be three options for him to choose from: 1. a shot of interferon three times a week for a year; 2. a clinical trial which the closest to him would either be the cities or Rochester and both are 2 hours away; or 3. nothing and go back for checks every 3 - 6 months...but they won't know for sure until they know the results of the CT/MRI. So not the best news but not horrible either. I am taking some comfort in that he doesn't have to do any of this immediately and can wait until after his vacation and that the next follow up isn't until almost a month away. I am going to call him tonight between work and bringing my MIL sauerkraut hotdish and rhubarb dessert. This waiting until 6/23 really just sucks though (which I am sure it does even more so for Duckie).
Because my FIL is fishing (with Walleye) I decided to bring my MIL supper tonight as I am sure it gets lonely only having the company of two aids throughout the day - especially considering she really can't do much of anything but listen to the TV and the aids talk. I absolutely love sauerkraut hotdish and Walleye absolutely hates it so I am excited to be able to eat it tonight! When I called my MIL last night and asked if she had plans for supper tonight and then mentioned I'd bring it out to her she really perked up. This will be the first time I've actually gone out there by myself to visit - I've dropped things off before or picked things up but never just gone out to visit by myself. It's about time I start though...
Today is not a good day in the 2WW area....I am filled with doubt that it actually is going to happen this cycle which is leading to my being quite the debbie downer. That combined with my brother's illness and Walleye being gone it's really got me down in the dumps. :( Maybe its best to stop this post right here before it gets too dark and dreary.
No comments:
Post a Comment