Part 1 of IUI #1 is in the books....
It all started last night after work. Walleye had to give me the novarel shot in backside. We watched a video on the RE's website to make sure we remembered everything they had told us last week then got the stuff together. I was really nervous when I saw that the needle the pharmacy gave us was just one and not two needles. The video showed you drew up the diluent with one needle and and used it to put it in the powder vial. Then you gently twist the vial back and forth to mix the diluent and powdered together, being sure to not shake it. Then you switch needles on the syringe, load it up and stick it in. Well the needle we got was just one piece and it was LONG! I had one set left from last July when we did our first shot and it hd two needles so I tried convincing Walleye we should use that but he said we should use the one the pharmacy gave us. Then he looked and said it was only a 1/2 longer than the one from last year so it would be fine. Easy for him to say he was the jabber and not the jabbee! He didn't have to have 2 1/5 inches of needle stuck in his behind. But I gave in and we went along our merry way. He got it mixed up, how I will never know because I was watching his every move like a hawk and freaking myself and him out. I don't know why I was so nervous...I wasn't nervous the last two times when the nurse did it. It's not like I don't trust Walleye but I just kept freaking myself out. Finally he said enough and enough and to let him just do it. So I am standing there with my left butt cheek hanging out, gripping the edge of the counter. He touches me and I jumped and got the nervous giggles. he starts counting, kinda slow, 1....2....and at 2 I said "just get it over with!" and while I was exclaiming it he jabbed me. I barely felt it. I think he got some staisfaction out ot it...maybe a little too much. :)
We had to be in Minneapolis at 8:15 for Walleye to do his part then had two hours to kill until my part. We went over to the hospital cafeteria for breakfast - surprisingly good and relatively cheap breakfast. Walked around a bit and then went back to the RE's office.
My appointment was at 10:15 at 10:20 the nurse from last Thursday came out and got me. She was so bubbly and excited. She asked if I was excited and I said I was a little nervous. She then told me it was a piece of cake, would take about 5 minutes and then 10 minutes of lying there and then I was free to go on with my day. She even gave me a little hug to reassure me that it was going to be relatively easy.
She brought me into a room with basically a counter, a little desk, three chairs and a table with the ever lovely stirrups. Went over the procedure details with me and left the room so I could get ready. She came back a few minutes later, went over the procedure again, had me verify that the vial had Walleye's and my names on it. Told me to lay back and within three minutes the whole thing was done. I was really nervous it was going to be painful. I had thoughts of the HSG and the pain I had from that. But it really wasn't so bad. The worst part was probably her putting the duckbill in. When she was done, she asked if I was alright or had any questions. Answered the few I had and went and got Walleye. (She did ask when we got into the room if I wanted Walleye in the room for it. Said he would stand by my head and hold my hand but I told her he didn't need to see all this.) She left, got Walleye and within 10 minutes we were on our way. She said I might have some cramping or little spotting but I haven't had either. She did mention that I was ovulating because I had some great mucus.
So now its back again tomorrow morning for round number 2. Hoping and praying it works! Thursday I start the progesterone suppositories twice a day for 12 days. Then on July 5th I go in for a blood serum pregnancy test.
Thank you all out there praying for us. They are so appreciated!
All in all it wasn't so bad. The worst part is she told me that Walleye and I can't have relations until the pregnancy test and if it is possible not until the OB ultra sound...really?!?!? Can this be true? She said they want to keep the uterus as quiet as possible. Please tell me this isn't true....that's a really long time!!! Granted it will all be worth it if we have a positive outcome but seriously, two weeks minimal, maybe longer?!?!? AAACCCKKK!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment