Monday, June 20, 2011

Amazing!

The new RE office is Amazing!  Simply amazing!  It is such a completely different experience between this RE and Dr. E. 

I went in for another u/s this morning.  I got there really early (because you never know what traffic will be like on the interstate) - like 50 minutes early so I parked in the ramp, locked my car doors and snoozed with the seat back for about 30 minutes.  Then went up and they got me in within 5 minutes.  They got me in early again!  Everyone was extremely friendly, as they always are.  The u/s tech was fantastic!  She showed me the screen and explained everything she was seeing.  Maybe this is the norm but that's the first time ANY of the u/s techs any of the places I have gone to have done that.  My lining is at an 8 - which they said anything over 7 is great!  I have one follie on my left side at a 21 and then a few others that are just under 18.  The u/s tech left and the nurse stayed and went over the game plan with me.  She was so patient and answered all my questions and made sure I completely understood everything and that we had covered all the bases.  She even told me about restaraunts within walking distance for tomorrow! After I had a bloodtest and then scheduled the next two days. 

We are doing our first IUI cycle tomorrow.  I am nervous, scared a little but mainly excited.  I have just felt compelled to go the IUI route and am thankful we are finally able to!  So tonight Walleye gets to stick me in the butt - which last time he had to stick me was in the upper thigh so I think this will be better as I won't be able to watch him.  Then tomorrow morning Walleye and I have to be at the REs office at 8:15.  he does his thing, then we have to wait two hours while they prepare the sample - washing and counting and all that jazz.  Then at 10:15 I have the insemination, which I was told will take about 5 minutes and then 10 minutes of rest and then we are free to go.  Then Wednesday morning we have to be there for Walleye's part at 7:45 and mine at 9:45.  Then it's 12 days of progesterone suppositories twice a day (YUCK!) and on 7/5 I go back for a blood pregnancy test.  holy cow!  All of a sudden it seems to be happening so fast.  I can't believe the 2ww is almost upon us again! 

This cycle is completely different...instead of just praying that it works, which I have been some, but my prayers have mainly been for patience to accept that this will happen on His time.  Patience to accept His plan, whatever it may be.  And that I don't drive myself complete bonkers during the 2ww! 

Duckie update...not much of one.  Apparently he was in quite a bit of pain on Saturday but yesterday was better.  He's getting his days and nights mixed up though as the first night (Friday) he wasn't able to sleep much at all so then finally slept during the day on Saturday and then Saturday night couldn't sleep well, etc, etc.  Wednesday cannot come soon enough for any of us, especially him. 

MIL update...they moved her out of the mini ICU area on Saturday afternoon, took her off oxygen and talks of her coming home today were had.  Then yesterday when we got there she was back on oxygen - in fact her oxygen levels were in the low 80s.  Which is really bad.  She wasn't eating or drinking.  She is on a purreed diet and can only have thickened liquids but she is being stubborn and doesn't want that.  She also kept saying she was hot and Walleye felt her forehead and she felt as though she might have a fever.  They are doing respiratory therapy on her every 3 to 4 hours and have been monitoring her.  She refused the peg line (I thought it was a pick line but now they keep saying peg line) for at least 6 weeks.  Not sure why she said 6 weeks but it was her choice.  Hoping for a positive update today. 

1 comment:

  1. that is fabulous news!!! I am praying now, tonight, and specifically at all the times you posted!!! I am so glad that this RE is so on top of things! 21 and 18s are great numbers for follies!!!

    I am also keeping your brother and mil in my prayers as well!

    ReplyDelete