Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Maybe next month...

Well this cycle will have no further help from anyone other than God himself.  I am so angry and irritated with my Dr.  The lack of communication has been horrible.  I finally got to talk to the nurse yesterday afternoon and she told me that unfortunately they are out of IUI kits and have been trying to locate one for a week now and their current provider has them on back order until September...which is what "she just needed to talk to the Dr about" every time I called.  Ummm...ok BUT we hadn't confirmed we were going to go the IUI route for sure this month and if she would have just told me from the very beginning I could have let her know we were just fine doing the HCG trigger and then TIC!  Now it's too late for the trigger and my ultrasounds last week were all for nothing!  Taking the femara was all for nothing.  Are you freaking kidding me?!?!  Why on earth wouldn't you first off tell your patient what's going on and then secondly ask them if they were at all interested in just doing the trigger and TIC?!?!?  I was so excited to finally be able to try again.  (Not that we aren't trying without the trigger...miracles can happen!)  She is supposed to be calling me today to go over our next cycle's plan.  Not holding my breath on that phone call.  And even if she does follow through with her promise to call will she really know anything?  I just don't know what to do.  Do we give this Dr another shot or do we try someone closer to the cities?  Part of me thinks we should give this one another shot - we already met with him, he's done the exam and reviewed my history and he's local.  BUT maybe a Dr closer to the Twin Cities would be better.  But how long would it take to get in there?  Would i have to have yet another exam?  Do another history and work up?  It would mean at least an hour drive one way for each Dr and U/S visit.  Walleye is on the fence as well. 

I saw my surgeon's assistant yesterday and got the 6 stitches out of my hand.  Yeah!  Some restrictions were lifted but I still am not able to pinch, push, pull, grab, grasp, hold 15 lbs or greater for another 4 weeks.  I am still to do my PT exercises 3X a day.  I have to wear my brace at night but can and should take it off periodically throughout the day - except when typing.  I can type but i have to watch the swelling - if it continues to be swollen they might restrict me to 2 - 4 hours of typing a day.  Which when your job consists of 90% computer work (emails, design work, press releases, etc) that drastically cuts into ones productivity but in the long run it's best to do as they say.  It was so nice to be able to wash it!  To be able to take a shower by myself without a bag on my hand.  to be able to wash my own hair! 

1 comment:

  1. I am not sure where you live, but I love my Napro Dr at the Park Nicollet Clinic in Maple Grove. Or there is the AALFA Family Clinic in White Bear Lake that are great. If you are want to know more, please send me an e-mail - gaudium08@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete