Thursday, May 12, 2011

Novena

As I was stalking through blogs yesterday (yes, I still consider myself a stalker since I don't comment near as much as I want to...still a little shy to), I came across a post about a novena to St. Rita, and I am feeling compelled to pray this novena.  I have been praying to St. Rita ever since I came across this blog a few months ago and then my Mom happened to email me one day about a month or two ago asking if I knew of St. Rita and figured that was yet another sign I should pray to her.  Well when I came across the post yesterday about the novena to her and it ending on her feast day I figured might as well try.  Then when I noticed that her feast day is the day before my first monitoring ultra sound for this next cycle I felt even more compelled to pray it. 

We still haven't made a  final decision about the Dr situation because I've decided to throw another Dr into the mix of contenders...another fellow blogger mentioned she really liked her Dr in the area so am contemplating adding that one into the mix as well.  Oh the decisions! 

I think it has hit me a bit more today that my brother has cancer.  I think I was in shock yesterday.  I worry about him (well I worry about everything but this even more so) and I pray it hasn't spread to his organs.  He's a fighter though.  He fought cancer (Hodgkins, I believe - but I can never remember if it was Hodgkins or non-Hodgkins Lymphoma as I was pretty young at the time) about 25 years ago.  He is just so special to me, I don't know what I would do with out him.  I hate living 2 hours away from him (I know it could be worse).  Even though there are 10 years between us we are still pretty close.  We are so similar in a lot of ways.  We really "get" each other.  I just feel so bad for him that he now has to go through this.  He's had a rough couple of years - long story short his long-time, live-in girlfriend cheated on him and it was a messy break up and really hit him hard.  He finally seems to be coming around from it and bam, cancer...again.  I guess all I can do is pray for him, let him know I'm here for whatever he needs and just try not to worry so much, especially not until we know how bad it is.

3 comments:

  1. Okay, I don't know if I am the blogger you are referring to, but yes, yes, I really, really like Dr. April Lind at the Park Nicollet Maple Grove Clinic. She is Napro trained and super great to work with and is very good about calling back - I have been impressed with the responsiveness of the clinic and the lab is open until 8pm on weekdays and also on Saturday and Sunday - for blood draws, etc.

    I don't know who was more excited at the appt where I told her I was pregnant - her or I? LOL!! That being said - I can't remember do you chart Creighton? I think she might ask you to do that. But of course, a first appt wouldn't hurt and you can see what she needs and make up your own mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I forgot to say that I will pray for your brother. Cancer stinks, no doubt about that, but there are such great treatments out there now, so there is great hope! St. Peregrine, pray for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. St. Rita please intercede for your brother and your fertility~ God Bless you.

    ReplyDelete