Oh the emotions Femara brings on! I am normally rather emotional, however, Femara usually ups it a bit…well this month is no exception! In fact it’s worse! I am pretty positive it is due to the fact that I am taking twice the Femara I have in the past. I have has some mood swings and a few funks but the most noticble thing has been the crying. For no reason.
Yesterday as I was driving to meet a dear friend of mine and her two sweet little boys I just randomly started crying. I have no idea why. When I would tell myself to stop crying and that I was crying for no reason my mind would wander to the fight Walleye and I had the night before or to my brother or that there was traffic on the interstate or to the fact that our friends S & M had their baby the day before. My mind was bringing up anything remotely rational to cry about whenever I’d try to get it under control. Seriously, that’s gotta be the Femara!!! Has to be! All day long the dumbest things would make me cry.
I will say I held it together really well when we went to visit S & M and their teeny-tiny baby at the hospital. I just could not get enough of him. I held him for most of the hour we were there. I did get Walleye to hold him – generally Walleye doesn’t hold tiny babies. I think I got him to finally hold my nephew when he was 13 months old! I guess he did hold Baby D (the baby of one of Walleye’s good friends) when he was about 4 months. It was so cute to see him holding baby T. Visiting really wasn’t so bad…on Saturday I was glad that Walleye was fishing (It was Fishing Opener here in MN this weekend so he was out on the lake with a line down at 12:01 a.m. on Saturday with a few buddies) so I had an excuse not to go visit S & M in the hospital and was completely surprised when Walleye suggested on Sunday that we visit them later that afternoon. I was prepared for it to be hard but it really wasn’t. And surprisingly I didn’t cry! I didn’t even tear up…you mean to tell me I cried over a little traffic on I94 but not that…
After visiting them Walleye and I went out on a mini-date night (out for supper at a sit-down restaurant). I did get a little sad there – I kept thinking about my brother and what this week means for him and then I’d think about how important this coming cycle is and how badly I want it to be a successful cycle. Then I’d feel guilty for even thinking that my cycle mattered when my brother could be up for the fight of his life. Oh the joys of Femara.
On the bright side I am down 3 lbs since last Monday. God only knows how I did it since I was on the “Graduation Cake for Breakfast every day last week” diet. I thought for sure when I got on the scale this morning that I would have gained but I surprising lost. And I had a ton of Caribou coffees (granted they were the Northern Lite Turle Mochas and not the full fat, full sugar version) last week – and even had cake for lunch dessert a few days too. I am pretty sure the fact that I was very active last week and not sitting my butt on the couch every night and all weekend was the key factor…and unfortunately not the cake. (Oh how heavenly it would be if cake really worked!) So now I am down 24 lbs since September – almost back down to what I was in February before the ice fishing and BockFest weekends completely derailed my WW. Maybe this will be the little nudge I need to start following WW more religiously.
No comments:
Post a Comment