My bro, who I think I'll refer to on this blog as Duckie, had his dye test done yesterday. It was supposed to be done in the morning but got pushed back due to an emergceny - not sure what emergency but eventually ti did get done. The test was inconclusive. They will do several biopsies tomorrow. The test did show that the blood flowed to the lymph node under the arm and some other place but they told him that doesn't necessarily mean its cancer, its just where the blood is going. ???? He was to be at the hospital by 6 am for surgery this morning but haven't heard anything yet. I don't know how long it will take or when we will know the results of these biopsies. I am not sure why I am at work today - I am not able to concentrate on anything and really wish I was down there with Duckie. But I know when he gets out he's going to be groggy and sleep most of the day and I don't want him to feel like he has to stay awake for me. So I will just have to learn to be patient and wait to see him tomorrow, and in the meantime offer up lots of prayers.
The caffeine headache is about gone. I have been rather tired lately though - in fact I just closed my office door and took a quick 20 minute nap at my desk. I skipped my northern lite decaf mocha this morning and tried cinnamon roobios tea (a caffeine free tea)...and actually liked it! I like the spice of it. I did add two packets of splenda but I could probably get used to drinking it without the splenda. It is about half the cost of the mocha (I suppose I could buy some in the store and it would be even cheaper!) but the best part is it fits even better into WW than the northern lite decaf mochas! :)
I suppose I should actually try to get some work done...I am just having the hardest time being here today. Maybe it's a good day to clean my office, which I thought would be a good project for when I first came back from surgery but it never got done.
No comments:
Post a Comment