Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Are we seeing the right Dr?

Tomorrow we are meeting with the new Dr (Dr. E) again.  This will be our first meeting since the lack-of-communication-cycle known as April 2011.  I am hoping that I can speak my mind but if not Walleye will be there to speak up.  I am so not confrontational - I'd rather just sweep things under the rug and move forward but I think this is one of those times when that's not the best option. I am also an extremely emotional person so I just know if I bring it up I will start to cry - then I get frustrated that I am crying and I cry even harder and the cycle goes on and one and the more I try not to cry the more I cry.  Walleye isn't as much of an emotional person and can handle things like that better, thankfully he will be coming to the appointment with me.

A few months back I was working closely with one of our designers at work on a project and we got to talking about babies and what not and turns out we both suffered from IF, PCOS specifically.  She shared her story with me and that she had been going to the same Dr I had been but was so unimpressed and frustrated with them that she finally asked for a referral to a new Dr.  They gave her one and her first month with that Dr she got pregnant.  She highly recommended that Dr and Walleye and I were going to move there once our new insurance kicked in but my new regular physician wanted me to try Dr E first. She said if after one cycle I didn't like Dr E she'd write me a referral to anywhere I wanted - even my coworkers Dr.  Well my coworker called me today to tell me she was pregnant with baby #2.  (We work in completely different buildings so it's not as easy to just walk to one another's desks) She was so nice and sweet about it - she said having been there she wanted to tell me before I heard it from someone else or saw that she was starting to show.  (I actually had seen her last week at the coffee shop on campus and thought she might be pregnant again but didn't say anything).  I am beyone thrilled for her!  She also wanted to let me know how wonderful her Dr is and if we hadn't found a new one that we should really consider going there.  She didn't give me specifics but she led me to believe that it didn't take many cycles for her to get pregnant again.  Now I am wondering if we should even continue with Dr E.  I suppose we might as well for this cycle since it's right on the doorstep and that I could get things started with the other Dr in the meantime so if this cycle doesn't work next cycle doesn't get lost in transistion from Dr to Dr. I just have so much hope with the other Dr.  Knowing that my coworker has had luck rather quickly twice with him, that we have similar problems and that she was older than me both times (in her 40s!).  Oh how I wish we would have just gone there in the first place...

No comments:

Post a Comment