Yesterday was a weird day for me – body wise. For a good portion of the day I felt immense pressure in my abdomen and ovary area. It felt like I had a huge fart built up in there or like there were numerous balloons being blown up causing all the pressure. It would go away and come back and wasn’t really painful just uncomfortable. It was odd. By early evening it had pretty much subsided. I was still a little tender in there but not bad. I don’t know if that was me actually feeling ovulation – but that seems strange too. Or if it was just some strange coincidence. I got a little worried that maybe I was experiencing hyper ovarian stimulation and consulted with Dr. Google but the symptoms didn’t really seem to fit. I also had about a half hour where my ears inside felt extremely hot and fuzzy - like they do when I get a fever. But it was only for maybe a half hour. Not to mention my butt cheek was (and is) still sore. I am probably just hyper attuned to every little thing my body is doing right now and then over thinking it every little thing. That is totally my M.O.
I also consulted with Dr. Google about the best time to TIC after the shot because our Dr didn’t give us specific orders like the previous Dr. had. Previously we were told the night of the shot, then 12, 36 and 48 hours after the shot. The second time we were told 24 and 48 hours after the shot. This Dr said so long as we did so at least every other day. Well the internet said in numerous places that ovulation typically occurs 36 – 40 hours after the hcg trigger so TIC is best around 36 and 48 hours after the shot. Which would mean 36 hours would have been about 5 am this morning so after some “what do you think we should do?”, “I don’t know, what do you think we should do?” back and forth we finally decided on late last evening and then right after work tonight. We had the night of the shot too. So I don’t know…hopefully our timing will be ok. I tend to over analyze EVERYTHING so I am sure it is fine but I was starting to have a little anxiety about it all yesterday.
I also had my 6 week post op meeting with the surgeon’s assistance and I am now completely brace free! I have PT to do until I don’t feel I need it anymore – she said I’d know when I didn’t need it anymore. She did scold me for still wearing my brace – I told her that it was Walleye’s fault because he didn’t think she really meant it when she said I didn’t have to wear my brace all the time and only for sure at night so he would yell at me whenever I wasn’t wearing it. Yeah for no more brace!!!
How in the world does anyone survive the 2WW? I am already driving myself nuts and it’s only been 45.5 hours since the shot! You’d think work would be a good distraction but not so much when you spend 99% of your work day at a computer in a job where you have free reign over the internet. I have found myself bringing up more and more to Walleye things like “well if we ever get pregnant” and “if it works this time” I just hope I am not setting myself up for a huge, unbearable disappointment in two weeks if it’s a BFN. I just can’t help myself though – I’ve had such an optimistic feeling about this cycle ever since the day AF arrived. I just hope I can keep it a somewhat guarded optimism.
No comments:
Post a Comment