Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My poor left butt cheek...

I woke up Sunday a bit sore and stiff from painting all day on Saturday - especially (and surprisingly) my butt, mainly the left butt cheek.I think it was due to bracing myself on the ladder and all the squatting.  Well yesterday it was feeling much better...until about 5 pm when I got the hcg trigger shot.  The darn nurse shot me right in the left butt cheek...my two previous hcg shots had been done in the thy and arm and never got sore or tender after.  But I have come to the conclusion that both being sore from painting and especially being sore from the shot are worth it...the room I painted at my cousin's farm turned out great and hopefully they shot leads to a baby! 

I am ever more frustrated with this Dr's office.  I had my u/s at 7:20 am yesterday and the techs (who were wonderful) seemed to "get" that the results should be read right away by my Dr and weren't going to dilly dally with getting the results to him.  Well I told myself I had to have patience and couldn't call my Dr until after 3 pm if they hadn't called me.  I know they don't return phone calls after 4 pm so figured if I gave them until 3 that was pretty good.  I also knew that the size my follies were pretty close to trigger time so time was definitely of the essence.  Well 3 pm came and I had a mini panic attack about calling them and appearing too needy or impatient.  Finally about 3:30 I called and left a message - which the receptionists aren't overly friendly and always make you feel bad for calling and leaving a message.  So my nurse called me back within 10 minutes and said "Hello Sunfish.  What can I help you with today?" and I said "I am trying to set my work schedule for the rest of the week and was wondering if I will be needing to make any additional u/s appointments or set up a time for the trigger shot?" and she sat there for a second and finally said "Um, wait, what are we..." and trailed off to silence and I said "I had my first u/s monitoring this morning and was wondering if Dr. E had a chance to review the results yet." and she said "oh, just a minute" and a few seconds of silence "oh I see the results are here.  I just need to have him review them.  I'll call you back shortly."  I said, in an extremely nice voice so as not to show how completely frustrated and near tears I was "Thanks so much!  I appreciate it."  Seriously?!?!  Are you kidding me?  What if I hadn't called to check up on things?  What if the results sat there for a few days and I missed our trigger window.  Do you know read my chart or take the time to figure out what patient you are calling before calling them?  I'm irritated and frustrated.  So 4 pm comes and I leave work for the day and put my cell phone in my purse (stupid move) and of course she calls back as I am walking to my car and I don't hear it ring.  Well she leaves me a message that Dr. E reviewed the results and everything looked good so we can trigger yet today (meaning Monday) or tomorrow (meaning Tuesday) and that she thinks we've talked about this before but that my shot can be picked up at the north pharmacy.  So I immediately call her back (not 4 minutes from when she left me the voicemail) to let her know I had my shot with me and would like to trigger right away and a nurse takes a message and said she'd put it on her desk.  Well I figured I'd quick run to pick up my dry cleaning and if I didn't hear back from the Nurse I'd just head to the clinic.  Sure enough I didn't hear back from her so I headed to clinic. When I got to the clinic I explained that I didn't have an appointment but had received a call from the Nurse that I could get my shot.  They had me sit down and not 2 minutes later the nurse comes out and asks me if I had my shot with me.  I said that I had grabbed it before heading to work that morning in case the u/s showed I was ready to trigger.  (apparently she didn't see the message on her desk).  So she took me back, gave me my shot and sent me on my way - with a note to get blood work for progesterone levels done on 5.31 and a follow up with Dr E on 6.8.

I asked if they had started the referral to the Dr in the cities and she said they hadn't and that she knows the Dr gets a few weeks backed up so she could if I wanted.  I reiterated that was exactly what I wanted as we didn't want to chance waiting or missing a cycle if this cycle didn't work.  She said they'd either contact me about setting up an appointment or she would and then said she could set up an appointment for me.  I said whatever worked best and would be the quickest to get an appointment set up.  She seemed really confused as to which was the best way and said she'd get started on it.  So if in a few days I don't hear from either I will call her to follow up.  I'm sure they don't want to lose a patient (or the money they get from a patient) but it was my Dr's idea to refer me to the cities Dr.  I feel like they don't the urgency and that we really want to keep moving full steam ahead and not miss another opportunity.  I don't know.  I'm frustrated.  I'm irritated.  I'm tired of the confusion working with this Dr and his Nurse.  Of course, as with anything IF related, nothing is easy!  Why oh why can't just one thing be easy about this?  Praying this cycle works so we don't have to worry about it...

So here we are...not quite 24 hours post shot, doing TIC and waiting...the waiting is going to be the hardest.  Dr E said we really can't test for 3 weeks - really?!?!  I thought it was usually 2 weeks...so we will see come the appointment with him on 6.8 what he says as that's just over 2 weeks from the shot.

Praying a miracle happens in the next few days....

1 comment:

  1. Hey there....e-mail me if you are interested in hearing about my Napro doctor in White Bear Lake, MN. She is great and doesn't have much of a wait for appointments. patientlywaitingkinda@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete