Started Provera yesterday, for 7 days and then within 10 days after that AF should come a knockin’ leading to Femara and U/S monitoring and hopefully…. Trying not to get my hopes up too high for this coming cycle but it sure is hard not to!
It was a cruddy weekend. I was so excited that this would be our first weekend at home, together, I don’t even remember how long. You see, DH is an avid fisherman and is gone almost every weekend from first ice to last (more on his fishing addiction in a future post!). I had planned to try a new WW recipe, penne alla vodka, for supper Friday night but DH’s good friend asked him to go four wheeler shopping with him that night so I got to spend my Friday night cleaning the dang house and hanging out just me and the two cats. No biggie, figured Saturday day or Sunday day/evening we could spend some time together. Maybe do something fun. We had a Surprise 30th birthday party for one of best DH’s friends on Saturday night so I knew Saturday night was out. Well Saturday morning at 7:45 a.m. my Dad calls to tell me he brought my Mom into the ER the night before as she was not able to breath and that she was going to be in ICU for a few days. I’ve written about my Mom’s health problems before. Well, she got really sick about 6 weeks ago, was in the hospital for a while and hasn’t seemed to be able to recover, which we found out it will take her at least 6 months to get back to her normal. (Which her normal far from everyone else’s normal). So DH and I got in a huge fight over heading to visit my Mom and for the rest of the day every little thing irritated one or the other of us. We finally head to the hospital and spend the afternoon with her. By the time we left you could tell she was exhausted and needed to rest and not have company any more. Well we fought on our way back – I was super crabby and still upset having to see my Mom like that and DH didn’t seem to be very sensitive to what I was going through. Which with his Mom as ill as she is you would think he’d get it. Anyways so we get home and quick get ready and head to the birthday party. So Saturday was shot. Well Sunday comes and we both oversleep and miss Mass. Then I find out that DH and his buddy had a brilliant idea at the birthday party to spend Sunday working on their four wheelers and doing some riding. Needless to say he was gone all day, got home at 6:00 only to tell me he still had to go plow (he plows part time for his brother and we had gotten a couple inches of snow on Friday night/Saturday morning so he had to go plow a few businesses before Monday morning). So finally about 8 pm DH got home and we got to hang out, which half of those couple of hours was his falling asleep on the couch. Yes, we got to spend Saturday together but really, does that count between the driving, the stress of worrying about my mom and the fighting…I don’t think so. So between the fight, Mom in the hospital and him being gone so much it was so not the weekend I had hoped for. Oh and the icing on the cake…first thing DH asks me yesterday was if we had any plans for this coming weekend as he wants to get out fishing…like it had been so horribly long since the last time he was on the ice.
Awe, I am so sorry that you are in such pain. Your feelings are all understood. My feelings would be crushed if my DH choose to do other things without taking me into consideration. Marriage is about each other. If I were you (not sure if you even want my advice), I would sit down and express your feelings to him. Tell him you love him and spending time with him. Tell him you miss him when he is gone. Express your feelings and hopefully he will respect them and start spending more time with you. This would make both of you happier:) I will pray for this for you. I hope you start to feel better. Maybe instead of him leaving this weekend, y'all can plan something special together!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the comment and the prayers. I did start to talk with him about it last night and how I was feeling but we got interrupted so I am hoping to continue that tonight. It's looking good that he will be around this weekend - well Saturday at least as I told him to go fishing on Sunday afternoon while I am at a baby shower. I might even suggest he and I go fishing together at a local lake with the portable on Saturday! Thank you again for your prayers and for reading/commenting! Have a wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteOh I am so happy to hear this. You already sound in a better mood. Hugs friend. Oh and my dh loves loves loves to fish too! I'm his little tag along too! haha. That is when he isn't fishing with one of his friends. I still am having issues putting the bait (live shrimp) on the hook. They always jump around and poke me and it freeks me out! hahha. random thought!
ReplyDeleteThanks Awaiting! So glad someone else out there has a fishing hubby too and understands what exactly that entails! Fishing with shrimp as bait huh...they don't sound about as easy (ha ha) to bait a hook with as a minnow does.
ReplyDelete