So tomorrow DH and I are meeting with a new RE! I am so excited and hopeful about this. I think partly because AF came all on her own last month but mainly because we are able to finally start officially trying again. And I wasn’t overly excited about the old RE – she just seemed too impersonal. Unfortunately I gained 5 lbs back over the past week and a half thanks to our ice fishing trip at Lake of the Woods and BockFest but as of yesterday I got right back on the WW track. I just hope the RE doesn’t make us wait until I lose MORE weight. I am still going to work on my weight but I am just so sick and tired of waiting and not being able to try.
We are going to talk seriously with the RE about going the IUI route. We found out our insurance covers up to 6 IUIs per confirmed pregnancy, which is a huge relief. My coworker who used to go to the same practice I just left didn’t have any success for 6 months/6 cycles and her first cycle at a new RE they did IUI and she got pregnant. One of my good friend’s boss had the same experience. I am not trying to get my hopes up too high and I realize everyone is different and just because it worked for those two on their first try doesn’t mean it will for me. But I am feeling compelled to try. DH is all for it. It feels like the right thing to do or at the very least bring it up with this new Dr.
I am so glad DH is going to go with me tomorrow. I feel much better knowing he will be there to hear what the Doc says and that I won’t have to relay everything to him. I fear I will forget something vital when I do that. Or that I will misinterpret something.
Tomorrow will be CD15 so I wonder if we will be able to try this cycle or if it will be too far along. The last cycle we tried I was on CD20 when we did the shot and timed intercourse but I had also taken femara shortly after CD1. Guess in 24 hours I will know more!
Hi there! I'm new to your blog....heard about you from a friend. Before I begin, I first want to express to you how this blog world has changed my life. Having this support network has been huge!! Also, another blessing is the knowledge and experiences that we share among each other that help us in our daily struggles as well as in our daily decisions. That's where my post comes in. I hope that in no way I am invading your territory. I just know that it is through the help of this IF community that I was able to make some of the sounds decisions that I did.
ReplyDeleteI went down the IUI route before I was introduced to this IF community. Before, I had the support of family and friends but not from others knowledgeable about my situation or IF. My dh and I struggled to conceive. At a year mark after taking certain pills and shots, my doctor brought up the idea of an IUI. I had heard of it before but never known of someone to actually do it. Out of pure ignorance about IF and anything that went with it, I completely trusted my Dr and went w her decision on doing the IUI. In looking back, I totally should have done research on my own before making decision but I honestly didn't think about it. I had no one to ask about it, besides my doctor and so I decided to just trust her. Plus, she said "thiswas the only way I could get pregnant." If only I would have had this community to inform me. That's where I come in. I just want to tell you first, to do the research. IUIs have many risks and of those only a 15 percent chance of getting pregnant. The reason I'm telling you this is because I had a horrible experience.
I had an ectopic pregnancy. At 9 weeks I lost my sweet baby. I was bedrest and in/out of hospital for a month. at end of month I was rushed to ER bc my tube was about to rupture. They had to surgically remove my tube:( that's when it all really hit me. I had a problem and one that was not being addressed. One that was being looked over and called "unexplained."
I knew I had to get down to bottom of this. I started doing research....a little late, I know, and that's when I realized I had made the wrong decision. My doctor never could tell me what was wrong and tried A,B,C and D (like they do for everyone else) and that didn't work so they jumped to artificial technology rather than getting down to the route of the problem.
It was after my research that I realized how clueless my Dr really was. She was taught to do certain steps and if that didn't work, do artificial. Well I needed someone who knew and researched IF....someone who was well trained in area and didn't push artificial bc it was important to me to find out what was wrong....not mask the problem with artificial tech. I did research and looked online and also listened to someone who approached me the way I'm approaching u. I also found this blog network...thank God!!!! I was introduced to something called NaPro technology. It is a system of charting, using the Creighton Method, that helps you get to know your body in and out and helps diagnose you with true symptoms. Soon after I became a patient of Dr. Hilgers. ( you can look him and NaPro up on Google or I can help you further.)
This path was so fitted for what my body needed. Dr hilgers was able to diagnose me with 3 big issues, all of which were overlooked by my Dr here....she said my insides were beautiful. Yeah right....little did she know....literally. I am 2 cycles post surgery and am healed of all my issues. Thank the Lord!!
continued....
ReplyDeleteI hope that in approaching you, you reconsider or at least do research before you make decision. I would do everything I can to have my baby here and have my other tube. But, that was the risk I took and I was uninformed...I was ignorant. Bit ignorant no.more!! I now, through napro, know all about my body and am finally on the rebound.
If there was any other advice I could give it would be to realize that there ie a main reason why your not getting pregnant and it is so important to read and study your body to find out....for the sake of your health and your future child.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions. Like I said, another blogger introduced me to you out of pure concern for you. I hope you find this helpful and know that you have a huge support network here:)
Blessings:)
Awaiting a Child of God,
ReplyDeleteThank you for reaching out to me and sharing your experience, thoughts and concerns with me. I will be sure to do more research into IUI before we make the decision to go down that route. As well as, looking more into NaPro/Creighton. Again, thank you for sharing and reaching out to me!
You are so welcome. I'm so happy you were receptive to this and not upset with me sharing such personal info. I will be praying for you throughout this process. Please let me know if you have any questions. Blessings:)
ReplyDeleteIf you are interested in learning more about Napro / Creighton in the Twin Cities area, please let me know. I have some great recommendations for doctors. I go to one in Maple Grove, but there are others in White Bear Lake, etc. I don't have experience with IUIs, but I know there are so many questions out there about it not only from a practical standpoint of not finding the true the cause of IF like Awaiting said, but also from a moral / Catholic perspective. There is a ton of information out there about alternatives even apart from Napro / Creighton that some of the women around the blogs have been treated with. Oh, and woot woot on the weight loss! You are an inspiration, I am struggling with that as well and hope to get my butt in gear for lent. I hope you have a blessed feast of Ash Wednesday.
ReplyDelete