I’ll start with my cycle update…I took the last of the Provera yesterday. Now it’s just a waiting game for AF to show up. I believe she should come a knockin’ in about 7 – 10 days. I am having a really hard time getting back on the WW train. I was really bad this weekend and then today even worse. I have no willpower when it comes to sweets and things I shouldn’t eat. Maybe I should start using the “Facebook prayers” for helping me with my lack of willpower and to get back on track! I just hope this lack of willpower doesn’t hinder the potential success of this cycle. So if ya’ll wouldn’t mind saying a little old prayer for me, my willpower and getting back on the WW train I’d really appreciate it!
It was a crazy fast weekend. Friday night we went to a fish fry with my FIL, brought fish back for my MIL and spent the evening visiting with them. Saturday my husband decided to go ice fishing. I was not thrilled, and am in fact still not thrilled. But I sucked it up and ended up meeting my aunt, cousin and “niece” and “nephew” for lunch. It was great to see them and I just love them all to pieces. My nephew has taken a strong liking to me lately. One day he got mad because he couldn’t have a cookie because he didn’t finish his supper and he tried telling my cousin (his mom) that I would let him (he’s not even 3 yet!). Then Friday night he didn’t want to go to bed until my cousin told him that when he gets up in the morning he gets to see me and he right away said “ (my name) up! Oh. Night, night mommy.“ and then kept repeating my name and laid right down. Sunday before my friend/stylists baby shower we went to mass with my MIL, BIL, his GF and her brood of kids. After Mass we went over to my in-laws for lunch. Just when I thought I was starting to finally accept my L (my BIL’s GF) we have an encounter with her like yesterday. I have written about her in the past and she has not changed at all since then!
It is her two youngest kids’ birthdays next week so my FIL was nice enough to get them each a gift. (I would have but I didn’t find out about their birthdays until this weekend and after yesterday all they are getting is a card.) Well the kids open their gifts and neither said thank you or even appeared to appreciate them. L (my BIL’s GF) didn’t even attempt to get them to say thank you and didn’t say thank you herself. My FIL didn’t have to get these kids a gift but he’s far more generous and accepting than I am. He took the initiative to go out and get these kids a gift – kids he barely knows – and no one has enough gratitude to say thank you. Not even my BIL! Well the eldest daughter takes one look at the gifts and says that they are baby toys so the soon-to-be 5 year old immediately doesn’t like or want either gift. L does nothing with the situation – she doesn’t tell the girls that it was nice of my FIL to get them gifts, or that they are fortunate to get birthday gifts…nope she says nothing. I was furious. Walleye (my new nickname for DH on my blog) and I looked at each other completely appalled! My FIL felt so bad he went upstairs and got the receipt so they could exchange or return the gifts and she still didn’t acknowledge it. It took all I had not to say anything. Believe me I wanted to! Then during lunch the two eldest girls wouldn’t even try the Mexican lasagna (it’s super fantastic!) because it didn’t look good to them. They kept saying they didn’t like it (even though neither of them tried it or had ever had it before). My BIL tried telling them that they needed to at least try it and if they didn’t he would save it until they were hungry enough to eat it but right away L says “they’ll never eat it, just throw it.” and gave them each a cupcake. Seriously!!! I know I’m not a Mom and getting kids to eat things is hard but when I was growing up we at least had to make an effort and give it a few bites and if we didn’t like it we didn’t eat anything until the next meal – no dessert, no treats, nothing. None of them thanked my in-laws for the meal and none of them helped clean up or even offer to help with dishes or anything. I did try to subliminally make my point by thanking my in-laws for the meal (which I do always) but I went a little over the top and said it a few times, making sure L and her kids were around each time I did…hoping they’d get the hint, which they didn’t. It just frustrates me. The entire situation surrounding L frustrates me. And the kicker is I’ve been invited over for lunch with all of them again next week after 10 am Mass and Walleye will be ice fishing so it’ll just be me! I might have to go to 8 am Mass instead!
The thing that makes me the most mad and frustrated about this entire situation is the poor kids. They didn’t ask for a life like this. It’s not their fault and they don’t know any better because they’ve never been taught proper etiquette or been disciplined. As much as it pains me to hope and pray that L and my BIL stay together I do because I can see what a positive influence he is and how he is helping make their lives better. He’s responsible for getting them to Mass every week, getting them baptized into the church and teaching about the importance of religion on one’s lives. He’s trying to discipline them when needed and giving them chores around the house (oh L and my BIL moved in together a few months back – yes already after less than 6 months of dating – but that’s a story for another day). So as much as I dislike L and wish they weren’t together I think in the long run, and hopefully it is the long run, this might just be best for the kids. Now if only I could keep telling myself that every time I get jealous that she’s been blessed with so many kids or when I get frustrated with her or the situation.
Oh this would have totally bothered me too! I feel so bad for your FIL...that is so sad!
ReplyDelete