Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Met the new RE

DH and I met with the new RE today.  I haven’t had a chance to talk with DH yet to see how he feels about this new Doc but personally, I liked him.  He was very thorough, wanting to know everything we had done up until this point.  He was easy to talk to.  He was warm and caring.  He was happy with my weight loss thus far (even though between the last two weeks trips I have gained 6 pounds back and am only at 20 lbs of weight loss).  He said those 20 lbs can really help and he hopes I will be successful with getting back on track with the WW and I could stand to lose some more weight (which I agree completely!).  He didn’t make me feel bad in the least that I gained some weight back – I think he could tell I was beating myself up enough over it. 

We brought up IUI and he said he typically likes to see a couple go through 3 – 6 cycles of IF drug treatments/TIC before even thinking about IUIs but also said if it was something we felt strongly about we could talk further about IUI, the process, the risks, the chances, etc. with him.   And after the comment by a fellow blogger (thank you Awaiting a Child of God for sharing) I think DH and I have more discussing and researching to do before even talking with the new RE about IUIs. 

I was a little bummed that we aren’t able to do anything for this cycle, except have intercourse and hope I ovulate on my own.  The cycle was a little too far along for us to do the Femara and monitoring.  Bummer!  But it could be worse than having to wait a few more weeks to start a new cycle.

We discussed the game plan:
  • Get back on the WW track
  • Continue Metformin ER 750 mg twice daily
  • Continue Rovin–NV (or any pre-natal) once daily
  • Continue low dose aspirin once daily
  • CD22 start Provera (if I get a BFN from a HPT) at 2.5 mg once a day for 5 – 7 days (can’t remember how many days now, good thing I took notes)
  • Next CD1 call in to set up first U/S
  • CD5 (if BFN from a HPT) start Femara daily
  • U/S on CD12 and other days after as needed and go from there in terms of HCG shot and TIC schedule
So here we are, waiting again for the next cycle but you know what, it doesn’t bother me near as much as I thought it would.  I am just thrilled to be back on the “TTC wagon” again.



No comments:

Post a Comment