Monday, December 13, 2010

Minus 20

Gee that could be two things here today…the windchill and the number of pounds I’ve lost since 9.10.10!  I’m not too thrilled with the first one (I hate the cold and miss my 90 degree days immensely!!!) but extremely happy (and proud) of the second one.  My Dr. told me after the September cycle didn’t work that she wasn’t seeing me again until I had lost 25 – 35 pounds.  I sure hope she goes with the 25 pounds as I am really hoping that we can try for the January cycle and if I can keep it up at 2+ pounds a week I should be at minus 25 by the January cycle!!! 
I think I’ve mentioned it before but I am following Weight Watchers to lose weight.  My sister started in January 2009 and to date has lost over 110 pounds!  I am so proud of her.  I am so in awe of her.  I am so jealous of her!  It’s nice having had her go through it so I have someone I can talk to and ask questions (because I don’t do meetings).  But now they’ve gone and changed the points program to points plus and I am not liking it one bit.  It’s more complicated and harder to follow (I think).  And I guess I don’t do all that well with change.  But really that was the big selling point for me was how simple it was.  I am begrudgingly trying (somewhat) to follow it.  I am hoping with time it will become as second nature as the original points program became. 
I have to admit I am enjoying the results.  My pants are really starting to hang on me.  Shirts fit better.  I am on the first notch in my belt.  I think I even am seeing a little tiny bit of difference in pictures too!  It’s also motivating! 
The best part is I know that even if it doesn’t help with my IF it is helping with my overall health and well-being.  So it may have stemmed from IF but it is definitely not because of IF and that to me is a wonderful thing…something in my mind that doesn’t totally revolve around IF.  

No comments:

Post a Comment