Tuesday, December 7, 2010

It could be worse....

In all my recent days filed with misery and pain and sorrow I came to the realization today that I could have it much worse.  A high school friend of mine emailed me on Facebook today to ask if I had something I needed to tell her and that she thought she had missed something.  I had no idea what she was referring to but thought it might have something to do with being pregnant.  Turns out she had a hunch that I was pregnant and then realized she hadn’t seen any posts about alcohol on my facebook page in quite some time so thought her hunch was true.  I didn’t realize I had that many posts regarding alcohol and when I questioned her she assured me I really didn’t but that with my birthday having been two weeks ago and having gone to a Vikings game this last weekend not a single thing was mentioned about celebrating either so she thought maybe, just maybe…but I squashed that pretty quick.  So our emailing goes back and forth and she goes on to say she will pray for us and that she understands as they are trying (for number 3) and that she had a miscarriage shortly before Thanksgiving.  (She also had one a few years ago before #2 was conceived.)  My heart broke for her and it was then I realized that I could have it worse.  Much worse.  I have never had a miscarriage.  I have been spared the pain, loss and agony of that very unfortunate and horrible experience.  And for that I am thankful.  I just hope I can keep that perspective when I start throwing myself pity parties or become Debby Downer when a cycle doesn’t work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment