I had my first OB visit - well first visit with my OB and to be honest I don't like her. She wasn't very friendly. I felt like she rushed through my appointment - I was told when I checked in she had two patients in labor and could get called to the hospital so maybe that's why. I felt like she didn't really listen to my questions and made me feel like I was asking dumb questions. She didn't even introduce herself when she walked in the room. I don't know if I am being overly picky or overly spoiled at the place in the cities or what. My next appointment with her is September 20 and if I have the same feelings I think I will then think about switching OBs.
We weren't able to find the heartbeat on the doppler but she assured me I was too early (8w6d). She also assured me that my lack of and disappearing of symptoms can be completely normal for all people and that unless I was experiencing bleeding or major cramps things are fine.
I have decided to let go of all my worries and trust in God that this will be a healthy pregnancy leading to a healthy baby in March 2012. Besides all the stress from worrying can't be good for the baby (or me)! I prayed last night for Him to help me let go of the worries and I feel as though I have a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. I am so thankful for that.
I ordered t-shirts for my Mom and MIL today! They are so stinking cute! I got grey one's with Grandma Est. 2012 on the front in blue and pink lettering. My Mom's birthday is August 29th so on the 28th we will give it to her as a gift! My MIL's birthday is tomorrow but that's a little too early to tell her yet so will give it to her closer to 12 weeks. I can't wait to give it to them! I know my MIL won't be able to see the t-shirt but I thought then every time the aid dresses her in it they'll tell her they're putting her Grandma shirt on and she'd get a kick out of that.
My Mom recently retired so I was going to put "I start my new job as GRANDMA in March 2012" on the shirt but decided I liked the less is more approach. I am going to have one made that says "Future VIKINGS fan" with an arrow pointing down and "Kick Off: 03.14.11" on the back for me to wear to the VIKINGS game on 10.09.11 and then Walleye and I can get our pic taken at the game and we can use it as our Christmas card.
Walleye thinks I added the "Est. 2012" on the shirts I ordered as a dig against Free Loader's kids...which isn't true, I actually wasn't thinking about them when I came up with this and I wanted somehow to put a date on the shirt. But now that he's pointed it out I hate to admit it but I am pleasantly pleased that it will help reiterate that Free Loader's kids ARE NOT my MIL's grandchildren. Is that horrible?
I made the shirt(s) at customizedgirl dot com. And found a $5 off coupon for it at retailmenot dot com.
As mentioned above it is my MIL's birthday tomorrow so Walleye and I are bringing supper out to her. We were going to suggest a birthday dinner on Sunday but one of Free Loader's kids has a birthday party on Saturday and to be completely honest we have no desire to see my BIL or Free Loader after the horrible way they treated Walleye on their trip. In fact I am having a hard time with the fact that I have to see my FIL tomorrow night at dinner. I am still so angry with him about this entire vacation! Did I mention that they were supposed to come back on Friday so we could leave town on Saturday morning but then they said they'd be back sometime Saturday which turned into actually getting back MONDAY! I know, I know, i need to let it go.
Oh my, a Vikings pregnancy shirt...what is this world coming to? JK!! It actually is a great idea and hmmm....I will have to look into potentially getting a Packers one made. The Grandma shirts sound great as well.
ReplyDeleteJBTC - I sooo thought of you when I was typing up my Vikings shirt above! :)
ReplyDelete