Monday, August 8, 2011

Return of the sleepless Sunday night...

I am not a very good sleeper.  It's gotten worse the last few years and for some reason Sunday nights are the worst.  I usually could fall asleep by a decent time but then would wake in the middle of the night and not be able to get back to sleep.  But for the past few months I have been blessed with great sleep almost every single night.  And I haven't had a really horrible night of sleep in I don't remember how long.

Until last night.  Could be that I slept 1.5 hours of the 2 hour drive back from my parents yesterday.  Or that I fell asleep on the couch a few times last night.  Or that I went to be at 9 pm.  Or that the sleepless Sunday nights have returned.  UGH!  But Walleye came to bed about 12:30 and the door squeaking woke me up.  Then I had to pee.  Then the cat wanted to crawl on me.  Then I needed a drink.  By that time I was wide awake!  WIDE AWAKE.

So out to the couch I went.  I think I finally dozed off about 2:30 and slept off and on since.  I am tired and a bit crabby this morning.

I hope it was a one time thing and that this isn't the beginning of the bad sleeps.

On a positive note the weekend was fantastic!  Absolutely fantastic.

Tomorrow I meet my OB Dr.  Which is good because I am starting to freak out that something is wrong as I don't really have much for symptoms.  They seemed to have pretty much stopped - except for the tiredness, needing to pee a lot (but I think that's due to my drinking SO much water) and the occasional sore ta-tas.  I am hoping she will be able to calm my nerves and reassure me that this is normal.  And maybe, just maybe if we can't hear a heartbeat with the doppler (because I heard 8w6d can sometimes be too early to hear it on a doppler) do a full blown u/s. 

I guess one good thing about the lack of symptoms was it made it that much easier to not tell anyone this weekend.

We went to Mass yesterday in the Cathedral I grew up attending.  It is always so good to go to Mass there.  I really love that Church.  The message yesterday was one I really need to take to heart and listen to.  It was all about trusting in God.  I need to learn to let go of all the worry and anxiety, especially about my disappearing symptoms, and just trust in God that this baby arrives safe and sound in March.  


No comments:

Post a Comment