Thursday, August 25, 2011

Exciting Weekend Ahead!

I am so ready for a weekend.  Last week was my first 5 day work week since the end of May and it was hard.  Coming in Friday was quite adjustment.

Thankfully this is just a 4 day work week - well somewhat.  Tomorrow I am volunteering to work our university booth at the State Fair so it's work related but not really work.  I am working with one of my best friends, who happens to be an alumna so it worked out well.  After we are going to go out for supper and beers - or she thinks we'll be having beers...can't wait to see her reaction when I order a ROOTbeer instead of a Nordeast!

Saturday we head down to my parents bright an early to get there in time for 11 am lunch.  My Mom got my Dad tickets to the Twins game tomorrow and Duckie and Walleye are going with for a boys day.  That leaves my sister, mom and niece-dog to hang for a girls day!  But the exciting part is we are FINALLY telling my parents!  I can't wait for my Mom to open her present (the Grandma shirt). 

Sunday I get to see my cousin/sister/best friend and FINALLY tell her too!  i just hope she isn't too mad at me for lying to her for the past number of weeks.  Then I have a baby shower for my cousin's wife Sunday afternoon.  Will be fun to see my cousins and aunts.  Just wish I could tell them our news but 1. I wouldn't want to take any attention away from the Momma-to-be and 2. we are waiting to tell extended family until after our wedding party BBQ in September.  (Boy is it going to be hard for my Mom I bet from now until mid-September!) 

All this family time is just what I need!  I can't even wait!  2 more sleeps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment