Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Do you think these are signs?

So my FIL was scheduled to go on yet another 3 week vacation starting this past Sunday or Monday.  He was taking the bike and meeting a cousin of his in Nebraska and then they were going to head to the Carolinas and Louisiana and such. 

Well last week one of my MILs aids quit so there were open shifts that the family is responsible for covering but they are during the day when Walleye and I are working and we need to save our vacation for the big event in March.  Not sure why my BIL and Free Loader couldn't cover them but I'm not even going to get into that!  So, if you were my FIL wouldn't you take this as a sign from God that maybe you shouldn't go on this second multi-week trip in less than a month?  Nope, not him! 

So then wouldn't you take the possibility of Category 3 Hurricane hitting the exact coast you are headed for around the exact time you'll get there as another sign that God is telling you, once again, to postpone this trip? 

Am I the only one seeing the signs here?!?! 

On a baby note...I have been looking at bedding for months and months!  Way before we were pregnant.  I fell in love with this set the minute I set eyes on it. 

Isn't it adorable? I mean really, it's just simply adorable!  And works for a girl or boy. 

For the longest time we weren't talking much about baby things or looking for baby things in fear we'd jinx it.  And even though I am still not 100% fear free and worry more than I should that I'm going to miscarry or have a missed miscarriage I have been beginning to look more and more for baby things and day dream. (Monday's u/s can't come soon enough!)

So I printed the photo off and showed it to Walleye last night.  I was so excited about it and you know what his reaction was..."It looks expensive."  WHAT?!??!  That's all you have to say?  That's the first thing that pops into your mind? 

I immediately got mad and started crying and told him he took all the fun out of everything.  (He didn't want to spend the money on the Grandma t-shirts.  Why spend the money when we can just tell them and they'll be just as happy?!?!)  I told him how I felt it was so perfect and that I just adored it.  He got defensive and said that's just how he is and I should know that.  I mean I know he's cheap (except when it comes to his hobbies) but come on.  This is our kid!  Not that we have to over spend or get the most expensive stuff but we should at least have fun with it.  Enjoy it. So frustrating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment