Thursday, August 11, 2011

So over my FIL and BIL!

I am shaking mad at my FIL, BIL and Free Loader right now!  (Not that Free Loader is technically an in-law.)  I mean my hands are literally shaking I am so mad!

It is my MIL's birthday today.  When the others were on vacay we noticed on my MIL's calendar "Birthday Party" written on this Saturday's date.  I was surprised to see they had actually planned something ahead of time and even more surprised we hadn't heard anything about it.  I asked my MIL about it and both her and her aid were positive it was for one of Free Loaders kids and not my MIL. 

So Walleye and I talked about having a family birthday party for my MIL on Sunday and invite one of her good friends over but then my FIL and BIL were so horrible to Walleye we decided we would just do a nice, simple dinner on her birthday to celebrate.

So we have plans to bring chicken wraps out there for dinner tonight - one of her faves and super easy to make.  Well Walleye called his Dad to see if he had picked up a small DQ cake or any cake at all and his Dad said no and that he wasn't going to because they were having a birthday party for her on Saturday.

WHAT?!?!   Nice of them to invite us or even let us know what they were planning. 

Walleye thinks that maybe they are combining Free Loaders kid's birthday party with my MIL but even so it's still his Mom and he should have been invited.  And not to mention maybe my MIL isn't ready to handle all the commotion of a kid's birthday party with the added guests of Free Loader's family.

I just don't get it.  What did Walleye (or I) ever do to deserve this kind of treatment.  It breaks my heart because family is so important to me.  I couldn't imagine not wanting to talk to my brother or sister. 

Walleye said maybe they are mad about us not inviting them over for supper tonight but my BIL works 4 pm - midnight so it wouldn't work for him anyways and it was obvious this was planned weeks ago before they left on vacay.

Walleye isn't sure we will go on Saturday and to be honest it might be best if we stay away because I don't think I can keep my mouth shut and my MIL (nor the kid) doesn't deserve to have her birthday celebration ruined with a family feud.

It is going to be really hard to be nice and friendly to my FIL as I am still holding hurt feelings for his actions and words and the whole vacation ordeal.  At least we won't have to see Free Loader or my BIL tonight. 

2 comments:

  1. prayers for you and for them for that matter :)! This whole situation is not cool! I would be the same way if I went on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So frustrating! Selfish people just make me so angry! Ughhhh!!

    ReplyDelete