Black Friday and our next ultrasound!!! So stinking excited about both!
A week from right now my sister, cousin and I will either be pushing our way through the Black Friday crowds in our 11th hour of shopping (yes we are going to attempt starting at midnight) or passed out cold from exhaustion after middle of the night shopping! Either way I’m super excited about it!!!
Next Friday is also our next ultrasound. Which is good – as I really don’t feel the baby move that much which is sort of freaking me out. I know with an anterior placenta it’s harder/later to feel the baby and I am sure my weight doesn’t help matters but it’s rather concerning and disappointing to not be feeling Lucky. Not to mention I want more than anything for Walleye to get to feel him/her!
So when I set up the ultrasound three weeks ago I picked out next Friday with the thought that 1. Walleye and I would both be off work so we wouldn’t have to take any more time off as we are both trying to save up vacation time for when Lucky arrives. And 2. My sister would be in town and thought it would be way cool for her to attend the ultrasound (if Walleye was cool with it). I don’t think my sister will ever have kids so this might be her only chance to go for an ultrasound and experience this first hand.
Well when I brought it up to Walleye originally he automatically, without even considering it for one moment, said no. He didn’t want her to go. He didn’t think other people ever went to ultrasounds other than their own child’s. I asked why and he really didn’t have much of an answer but later said that he didn’t want to her to try to find out the sex when they tell us to look away. (She’s been pushing for me to find out so she can shop – but I don’t think she’d go that far.)
It got brought up at a Halloween party and a couple of his friends’ wives agreed with me that my sister should go with. (Yes, I know completely unfair of me to do that to Walleye – I should have left that conversation between us.) They kind of bombarded him and backed him into a corner, making him feel pretty crappy. So I dropped it and figured we could talk about it closer to the date and in private.
Well earlier this week I reminded him that we have the ultrasound and that I hoped he would come with to the OB appointment after so he could at least meet the OB. Walleye said if my sister was going to the ultrasound he wasn’t. I asked why again and he said the room is too small and things are already weird enough with my sister. I understand the room one but don’t know where he’s coming from with things being weird with my sister. So now he’s making me feel like I have to decide between him and her and of course he comes first – he’s my husband and the father. But he’s rather insistent that she can go and he understands she’ll most likely never have another chance like this. But I still feel bad. Like I am depriving him of something. I just don’t know what to do. I wish they both could/would go with.
To end with a happier note....while I am off in the cities visiting a girlfriend tonight/tomorrow and going to "Breaking Dawn" my wonderful husband and FIL will be painting Lucky's room! (And, crossing fingers and toes, putting the crib and dresser together!!!) I'll post pics when it's done!
No comments:
Post a Comment