Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Back on Track!

I am thrilled because I am back on track to losing the 25 – 30 lbs!  I weighed in this morning and have lost all the holiday weight plus a half pound!  I am down 20.5 lbs!  Woot!  Woot!  So there is maybe some hope for being able to “try” in February! 

I am a little nervous though that next week there won’t be much, if any, weight loss. We have a family Christmas on Saturday back home with my Dad’s extended family.  Which means it will be an entire weekend of eating at my parents.  That isn’t really a bad thing – at least not taste wise but even though both my sister and I are on WW my Mom still makes tons of food and food that doesn’t really work well with WW.  I know she does it because she loves us and is excited to be able to cook for more than my Dad and herself but it sure puts a strain on my self-control.  I am a huge “sweets” fan and not only does she always have the cookie jar stocked full but she sends us home with tins of cookies and goodies.  I was hoping that we would be able to go tubing over the weekend and spend some time outdoors, doing lots of activities to circumvent the goodies we will be eating but it is supposed to be extremely cold.  Grrr!  Stupid Minnesota Winters! 

I am really looking forward to our Family Christmas this weekend.  Growing up we used to get together with all my relatives on a regular basis – all holidays, birthdays, anniversaries – you name it we probably got together for it.  I loved it!  I loved spending time with my grandparents, aunts, uncles and millions of cousins.  Holidays were spent with my Mom’s side for lunch and my Dad’s side for supper.  My Mom’s side would be held at whichever Aunt felt like hosting it but my Dad’s side almost always was at the farm.  I loved spending time at the farm and to be honest family get-togethers just aren’t the same when they aren’t there.  My Grandpa (my Dad’s Dad) passed away when I was a senior in high school but my Grandma continued to live at the farm for many years after, until she wasn’t able to live on her own.  When she moved to town my Dad’s youngest brother bought the farm place and rented the house out so for the past number of years we could no longer get together there.   Then my uncle’s two eldest daughters graduated from college and they moved into Grandma’s house but now both of them are getting married and will be moving out by summer so they are having one last Christmas at Grandma’s House.  I am so stoked!  I only wish my Grandma were here to celebrate with us.  She passed away this past October and she will be truly missed by everyone there.  At least my Grandparents will be together in heaven watching over their family and will be with us in spirit.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, congrats on the weight loss! You are *so* close! I hope you can enjoy the weekend with family and stay on track at the same time :)

    Thanks so much for your comment on my blog - welcome to the IF blogspehere. I'm sorry you have to be here at all, but I hope you upcoming treatments bring you your miracle. xoxo

    www.makingmemom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete