Thursday, January 13, 2011

Trying to stay "back on trac"

I have been trying pretty hard to stay “back on track” all week…and I think it’s going relatively well.  I am loving the WW eTools and my new WW cookbook (although I hate that it has the old Points and not Points+ on the recipes in the cookbook).   Monday we had orange chicken.  It was just ok.  A little bland.  Tuesday night we had honey-dijon pork chops and they were fabulous!  I think they would be even better if we marinated them for 48 hours instead of 24.  I even made a somewhat homemade honey mustard marinade for it!  Last night we had tequila-citrus chicken and it was great too, but again would have been better marinated longer than 24 hours.  Tonight?  Not sure what to make.  DH starts dart league tonight so we need to be on the road pretty close to when he gets home from work so it has to be quick.  Originally I wasn’t going to go with so I figured DH would grab supper at the bar but my friend/hairdresser “M” is going to be there so I’ll go drink water with her!  (Finally, someone to drink water with me…all last year when I’d go to darts with DH I would drink water so I could drive us home and DH could have a few beers but M and her DH live within walking distance of the bar, so M would have beers.  But not this year!  This year M is expecting!  Although I do hope this year I won’t get the “are you pregnant?” every time I order water!).  I am so, so, so tempted to go right after DH gets home from work and get pizza at the bar they are playing at tonight because they have fantastic pizza…but I’m going to try like the dickens to be good and stop at the grocery store on my way home and get something a little more WW friendly!  Just not sure what… 
It is so nice having my sister on WW at the same time.  She’s an inspiration and also helps me stay on track.  It’s great to be able to compare recipes, gripe about the new Points+, share ideas and have someone who knows what I am going through because she’s been there, done that.  I just wish I had started it when she did in January 2009! 
It is so tempting to get on the scale every morning to see if I was “on track” the day before or if “it’s working” but I know weight can fluctuate and I think I would be devastated to see that the hard work and effort the day before didn’t work…I think it would mentally throw me so far off track I’d be hitting up the bookstore on first floor of my building at work to get candy bars and non-diet pops all day long! 
I am just so darn impatient!  I can’t wait to get down to a weight when my Dr. will work with us again.  I can’t wait to try again.  I can’t wait to get that BFP!  I can’t wait to make “the announcement”.  I can’t wait to have a child.  I can’t wait to be a parent.  I can’t wait for my husband to be a Daddy!  Those are all the things I tell myself every time I get the urge to grab a candy bar or pop! They what I tell myself when I feel myself veering off track. 

No comments:

Post a Comment