Friday, September 2, 2011

Less than a month...

until Walleye and I are here:


for a mini, early 2nd Anniversary getaway.  With a view like this:

I cannot wait!  I absolutely love the North Shore of Lake Superior!  We went to that cabin for our minimoon right after our wedding.  Then last year our 1st wedding anniversary was on a Sunday so we left straight from Mass for the North Shore to celebrate our first year of married life at the cabin next door.  I think we are going to try to make it an annual anniversary trip! 

We decided this year to go a little earlier in hopes that we will see the fabulous colors and get in on some of the tourist action. 

I love our visits up there for many reasons...it is so quiet and peaceful.  We have the entire cabin to ourselves - all three floors!  There is a full kitchen complete with pots, pans, plates, silverware, etc. so we can bring food and cook together.  It has an amazing fire place that we can cuddle up next to on the chilly Minnesota Fall evenings.  The views are spectacular!  There are great hiking trails close by.  We make a trek north about an hour and visit a touristy town and get the best pizza in the world (Sven & Ole's) and on our way home get amazing pie (Betty's Pies). 

But most of all I love our visits up there because it is just the two of us.  We can focus just on us!  Our cell phones don't work and we don't bring the laptop so we have no computer connection - we can really cut ourselves off from the world.  I love the time we share together up there. 

I simply can't wait for this year's trip!  With that I'll leave you with a few more pictures....




No comments:

Post a Comment