I am so stinking excited for the weekend! Thank goodness it starts for me in 1.5 hours!
Tomorrow I have off to clean, cook and bake for Saturday. It's our 2nd Annual Wedding Party BBQ on Saturday! I love, love, love to throw parties and hosts dinners. It's been a while since we have seen some of our wedding party (and their kids) and I love getting together those friends who support us and our relationship so much and were a big part of our special day.
The BBQ is also our chance to tell our friends about Lucky! We are still unsure about how exactly we are going to make the announcement. You see, Walleye can be a complete stick in the mud sometimes and doesn't get the fun out of making big, grandiose announcements. He thinks my idea of getting a group picture and the first time saying "Say Cheese" and the second time say "Walleye and Sunfish are expecting!" and capturing their reactions on film (is that the right term for digital cameras?!?!?) won't work and isn't the best idea. His idea is to just blurt it out as guests show up. BORING!
In the end it doesn't really matter how we tell them - just that we get to tell them and in person.
Then Sunday not only is it VIKINGS football opener but it is also a huge craft fair in a smaller town about 45 minutes north of us. My sister and I are heading up to the craft fair early Sunday morning and from what I hear it is so big it will take us all day!
Then because it is Grandparents Day on Sunday we are going to give my MIL her "Grandma" t-shirt and tell my FIL (if he is back from his latest vacation).
And because there is so much going on all weekend I took Monday off too so I could kick back and relax! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment