I have to admit that I have been stalking blogs for a few months now and decided it is time I try this bloggin' biz-nass out for myself. Beware...I ramble and sometimes I am all over the place but please know I will try my best to stay on subject - at least throughout an entire sentence....
My husband and I got married just over a year ago and immediately started trying for a family. I had an incling that this would not be easy as all of my lIFe I have been extremely irregular - getting AF just a couple times a year. For the most part I was fine with that - what woman wouldn't be prefer AF a few times a year instead of every month?!?! I come from a family where you only went to the Dr. if it was a lIFe or death situation and even then it was hard to go. I think too subconciously I didn't want to hear that I wouldn't be able to have children or something crazy like that. All my lIFe I dreamt of having a huge brood of kids...in fact in one of my first job interviews after college the prospective employer asked me if he called me at 3 am, woke me from a dead sleep and asked what my dream job would be what would I say. My answer was a very honest one...to be a stay-at-home Mom of eight. (I didn't realize that probably wasn't what a potential employer wanted to hear. He hired me but told me after that I should say something that is creative and unattainable and that employers most likely won't want to put time and resources into a potential employee only to have them quit once they have kids. Ever since my asnwer to that question has been to be a Vikings Cheerleader!). Anways...after a few months of trying and no success I finally broke down and agreed to bring it up to my gyno. She knew my history as I had been going to her for numerous years and referred me to the clinics Infertility Specialists, sugar coating it by saying she didn't think I was infertile and that they'd prescribe me Chlomid and I'd be pregnant in no time.
Long story short I was diagnosed with PCOS (poly cycstic ovarian syndrome) and then the "fun" began....
Okay, I know this is super late to be commenting on this post - but seriously a "Vikings Cheerleader"? Wow, you are a dedicated fan. :) And it says a lot about your character - you must have great fortitude and patience!! (Okay, I know, I know...I make fun of the Vikings too much, but hey, what can you expect from a Packer Backer!! But we can still get along, right? I am married to a Vikings fan after all). I just found your blog today, but I see you know mine! Ha! It is kind of a small world. I always like meeting new IF bloggers. I wish we didn't have to meet this way, but at least we can support each other, huh? I look forward to catching up on your blog. God Bless and I will refrain from anymore football jabs for the time being! :) Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteOMGosh! Thank you for your comment. I just saw that I had comments! (I am a newbie blogger!!) I suppose we can get get along, even though you are a Packer Backer! Feel free to add in football jabs anytime...I can't take 'em...because next year (oh who am I kidding - in a few years) when the Vikings rule I'll be full of plenty of football jabs! :) I do know your blog and have been reading it for quite some time and it has been comforting, educational and enlightening to read...thank you for sharing your stories, struggle and journey!
ReplyDelete