This past Wednesday marked 30 weeks! We are 3/4 done! I can't hardly believe it!
Today I had my 3 hour glucose test and I passed with flying colors. I honestly wasn't too worried - not near as worried as my husband was. The drink wasn't so bad and even the three hours spent there went by quickly (even without the use of my iPad - which I found out after I got there that the touch screen isn't working and I had only a few chapters of "Heaven is for real" left!).
I think the worst part of the whole deal was not being able to eat anything for 15 hours! (12 hour fast plus 3 hour test). No, the worst thing was 2 hours into my fast last night Walleye decided it was the perfect time to finish up the last bit of ice cream we had left in the house - complete with hot fudge on it. Seriously?!?! Right in front of me!!!
I had an OB appointment between hour 2 and 3. It went fine. I am measuring right on target. I mentioned the pain I get in my groin/leg and he thinks it's just round ligament paint but I really think it's SPD - he said we will continue to monitor it. I go again at 32 and 34 weeks.
Starting at 35 weeks we will being weekly appointments including a weekly non-stress test. Every two weeks I will have an ultrasound. He said given my age (even though I am a few years away from 40) combined with my PCOS/medical history and the fact that I was a bit over weight at conception he wants to monitor a little more closely towards the end. He reinforced numerous times that he really has no specific concerns and everything is fine but that he'd rather err on the side of caution. I am surprisingly not worried or anxious over this. I feel rather calm about the whole thing.
I know and appreciate how blessed I am and thank God every day for this miracle (and the relatively easy pregnancy).
I have been sending up lots of prayers lately for my brother, Duckie, and my MIL.
Duckie is about half way through his three times a week shots to continue to fight off the cancer but for the past few months has been experiencing horrible back pain. He has a slipped disc and they are trying 6 weeks of PT and if that doesn't work will have to do surgery. Apparently the PT is rather painful, which the physical therapist said is not common. (I sure hope that doesn't mean there is more to it than just a slipped disc). He is at a point where he mentally and financially can not afford surgery. One of the side effects of the shots is depression and I can see he is having a hard time battling it - which I think is also made worse by the back problems.
My MIL is having surgery on Tuesday because the sore they operated on back in August still hasn't healed and isn't getting any better. We take solace in the fact that it wasn't an emergency surgery but with her medical condition surgery is never easy and carries more risk factors and a harder recovery than for most people.
Because I don't want to end the post on a negative note...I met with HR yesterday and I have enough PTO saved up to take the full 12 weeks off with FULL pay! I am thrilled! Now if only we could find a daycare we liked....
No comments:
Post a Comment